Please join us in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, for the 14th Transgenic Technology Meeting!
1-4 October 2017
ISTT Sponsored Meetings
- Advances in Transgenic Animal Models and Techniques - Nantes, France, 11-12 May 2017.
- 9th Workshop on Innovative Mouse Models - Leiden, Netherlands, 15-16 June 2017.
- Transgenic Technologies in Modeling Human Diseases: Principles, associated technologies, animal management and ethics. - Athens, Greece, 5 - 13 June, 2017.
Cryopreservation Training Opportunities - check back for upcoming events
Transgenic Certificate courses now available on the AALAS Learning Library (ISTT members were deeply involved with the writing of these courses.)
Partners of the INFRAFRONTIER Research Infrastructure offer unique training opportunities in mouse phenogenomics, genome editing and cryopreservation technologies. https://www.infrafrontier.eu/resources-and-services/training-and-consulting-services
Upcoming training courses:
In vivo CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing: Strasbourg, France, 2017 March 09th-10th
- Learn about gene editing and how it works
- Hear about the current advances on many technical aspects
- Optimize the RNA guide design to the genotyping analysis (bioinformatics work shop)
- Highlight crucial issue in your own scientific project
Mouse models for diseases: approaches for phenotyping *: Strasbourg, France, 2017 March 14th-17th
- Understand the interest of phenotyping to characterize gene function in mouse model for diseases
- Learn about the scientific and ethical considerations in phenotyping
- Hear about the current web resources available
- Learn good practices by experimentation (*5 workshops)
2nd European Advanced School for Mouse Phenogenomics: Goersdorf, France, 2017 June 12th-16th
Would you like to learn how to choose, create and analyse your best mouse model? Do you have a sufficient background in mouse functional genomics to lead as best your research?
This international training of excellence provides engineers, PhDs and researchers with an innovative program focused on best practices in the use of the mouse model biomedical and scientific research. Reach us and you will gain crucial skills required to use as best mutant mice and support you in your research!
Registration open! Early bird dead line : March 31st
2nd Programmable nucleases (CRISPR/Cas9) Transgenesis Course: CCP in BIOCEV, Vestec/Prague, April 3-7, 2017
This course, jointly provided by the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics and Phenomin/ICS Strasbourg, both members of INFRAFRONTIER, is designed to give practical, hands-on training in current technologies and methods employing CRISPR/Cas9-mediated genome manipulations in the generation of mice mutants. Participants will gain theoretical and practical knowledge from our expert instructors, have ample opportunity for discussion and can bring their own targeting projects to work on during the bioinformatics session. The course has been designed for participants with an intermediate knowledge of molecular biology.
- Design targeting strategy for your project of interest
- Apply the targeting tools and validate CRISPR activity
- Deliver the editing tools to cell lines and zygotes
- Identify CRISPR induced genomic modifications
Place: Czech Centre for Phenogenomics, Vestec/Prague, Czech Republic
Application deadline: 15th February 2017 (results posted 20th February 2017)
Participants: A maximum of 15 participants including 2 scholarships.
Course fee: 980 € for participants from academic institutions and universities.
The cost for participants from industry is available on request. Participation on the course is subject to a selection process. Applications must be accompanied by a short CV, letter of motivation (max 200 words), and a short letter of support. Accommodation and transport costs are not included in the fee and has to be covered by participants on their own. Lunches and refreshments during the course as well as joint dinners are included. Participants wishing to apply for the scholarship should state this clearly in the cover letter. Please note that the scholarship will cover the course fee only.
Applications should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
More information about the course program and its faculty is available at the website: http://www.phenogenomics.cz/2016/12/transgenesis-course-in-april/
Cryopreservation and IVF training course: Harwell, UK 2017 March 20th-23rd
- Get practical experience in embryo and sperm freezing
- Learn how to set up a robust IVF protocol
- Hear about optimized transport methods for shipping unfrozen sperm and embryos
- Discuss crucial issues for your own scientific projects
- Courses fee are £1000/person, subsidised accommodation can be provided
Transgenic Technologies in Modeling Human Diseases: Principles, Associated Technologies, Animal Management and Ethics: Athens, Greece 2017, 5-13 June.
Hellenic Pasteur Institute: 4 days theory, 4 days hands–on
The Basics of Transgenic Technologies: Classical Transgenesis, Embryo Development, CRE Technology, CRISPR/Cas, Running a Facility
Modeling Human Diseases: Infectious, Neurological
Transgenesis Associated Technologies: Bioinformatics, Genome Wide Analysis, Next Generation Sequencing, In vivo Imaging, Behavioral Analysis, Cryopreservation
Ethics and Animal welfare : Legislation, Ethics ,Breeding strategies, Animal Welfare, Cost Benefit Analysis, Statistics.
Hands-on : Manipulating Mouse Embryos, Microinjections, Genotyping, Cryopreservation, In vivo Imaging
Dead line for applications: 10 March 2017
Info: www.pasteur.gr/en or